Director, Corporate Communications at Fidelis Care
Director, Corporate Communications at Fidelis Care
Ryan Goodenough is the Director of Corporate Communications at Fidelis Care, the largest government programs-based health care plan in New York. He was previously the Manager of Digital Content and Social Media Strategy.
Prior to coming to Fidelis Care, Ryan served as the Assistant Executive Director for Communications at NYSARC, Inc., the nation’s largest non-profit provider of supports and services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. He has also worked as the Director of Communications with the Workforce Development Institute in Troy, NY and the Director of Marketing and Communications at the American Institute for Economic Research in Great Barrington, MA.
Ryan is a communications and technology executive with extensive experience in direct marketing, digital content, and online community-building. He is an advocate for implementing emerging and innovative communications technologies, particularly in the field of cloud computing. His primary work experience is in the non-profit sector, mainly in health and human services. Ryan is an award-winning videographer, graphic design leader, and writer.
Explore my professional history and get to know the companies I've worked for and the roles and responsibilities I've been assigned.
* Develop and oversee the execution of strategic Statewide, regional, and local public relations programs that support corporate marketing goals and key messages.
* Support annual communications planning process in concert with advertising creative and media buying initiatives to ensure a comprehensive, integrated plan.
* Develop and oversee the ongoing execution of core digital initiatives, including social media, websites, and paid media through promoted/sponsored content. Provide support for email, text, online rewards-based programs, and other new initiatives as assigned, with the goal to position Fidelis Care as an innovative plan that uses technology to promote customer service while keeping in mind the needs of all members.
* Served as a major contributor to the complete redesign of the corporate website, including rewriting all content
* Launched Fidelis Care's social media accounts, reaching over 40,000 likes on Facebook and 7,000 followers on Twitter
* Worked with Marketing leadership and vendors to develop an innovative self-serve digital kiosk program, allowing people to get health insurance quotes while shopping at malls
* Developed an incentive-based fitness program for the plan's members
* Collaborated with partners in IT and Provider Relations to develop an enhanced provider directory tool
* Maintained all communications and marketing outlets, including social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), website, press releases, e-newsletters, public relations, and a blog
* Provided support and assistance to marketing, communications, technology, development, and public relations professionals around New York State, located in 55 county-based offices
* Developed and implemented an innovative communications technology strategy for the state office
* Redesigned a corporate sponsorship program to benefit the organization and help cover the
costs of annual events, resulting in a 500% increase in sponsor contributions in the first year
* Oversaw the implementation of a new website, resulting in a 75% increase in daily visits
* Shifted existing newsletters to an electronic format through Constant Contact
* Converted multiple databases into a single constituent relationship management (CRM) system
* Directed the activities of the organization’s first development/fundraising consultant
* Provided communications services for eight regional offices, including speech writing, social media strategy, and graphic design
* Created and maintain relationships with union leaders, members of the press, and politicians
* Implemented a new SiteFinity-powered website for the organization, www.wdiny.org, featuring social networking integration, dynamic news updates, and a blog
* Set up and transitioned the organization and its eight regional offices from a basic file server and POP email access to a new internal communications system powered by Google Apps
* Designed and carried out an annual multi-million dollar marketing plan, including direct mail, search engine, and email campaigns
* Maintained high response rates while increasing revenue per product by 28 percent and selling the most books in 15 years
* Created new products for the organization, including editing, designing, and/or producing many of the organization’s new books and developing new electronic subscriptions
*Raised membership to its highest total in 75 years through an ambitious marketing plan including 6 million pieces of direct mail and an aggressive search engine marketing campaign
* Installed and managed the transition to a customer relationship management database, increasing order processing efficiency by almost 30 percent while capturing more information
* Supervised the director of information technology, production designer, customer service department, and communications assistant, setting goals that aligned with the strategic plan
* Wrote and designed direct mail letters and increased the response rate to a four million-piece
campaign by twenty percent
* Increased website traffic by 300 percent and online sales by 400 percent over the previous year through online-only sales, regularly updated content, and new worksheets and tools
* Directed the activities of public relations advisors, printers, and a name list vendor
* Designed reader satisfaction and former member surveys and helped guide focus groups
* Created a new website for AIER featuring an online bookstore, searchable archive, RSS feeds, special sales, member login system, and social networking integration
* Increased website revenue in 2007 by more than 100 percent above 2006
* Filmed AIER’s 2007 Global Climate Change Conference, created five YouTube videos based on presentations, and produced a conference DVD available for purchase
* Tracked responses and performed statistical analysis on results from direct mail campaigns
See where I spent time studying to prepare for my professional life.
A list of the most valuable professional skills I possess.
Hear what some of my clients and colleagues have to say about me after working together on various projects throughout my career.
A good website should be easy-to-update, inexpensive to host, and visually appealing. That’s why I work with platforms like WordPress.com and Carbonmade to keep the mechanics simple and deliver a high payoff, without sacrificing the latest in web technology.
I also offer consulting for web design, social media management, and/or search engine optimization (SEO).
Get in touch with me if you would like to do business together, share an idea, or just say "hello."